We ship more than 25 tons a year!
We ship orders from our store in CT mostly via UPS, but we reserve the right to ship via any carrier. Shipping costs will vary depending on weight, distance and method of shipping. Shipping charges will be calculated during the checkout process. In addition we charge a handling fee of $3.95 per online order and $5.95 per telephone order.
We will process your order during our regular business hours, Monday-Friday 10-5pm, but orders received after 1pm will be shipped the following business day. We recommend you place your order early in the week for us to be able to ship your order out in a timely manner. We do not ship perishables into or over the weekend.
Please be aware that during the busy times of the year – Christmas and Easter, the processing time is much longer than usual. If you have ordered online you will get an order confirmation, and a tracking number when your order ships, this tracking number will only be available when the order has been picked up from us.
If you purchase candy or other smaller products we will do our best to ship USPS or FedEx flat rate envelope or box and issue a credit for the savings.
All perishable items shipped further than 1 day Ground from CT MUST be shipped Overnight to avoid spoilage. scandinavian butik will NOT be responsible for spoiled perishables shipped if these guidelines are not followed when choosing shipping method. It is up to the recipient to determine if the perishable product is safe to eat. Please look for the snowflake when choosing shipping method. Sometimes it is a good idea to divide your order into a perishable and a non-perishable shipment.
During the summer heat we do not recommend shipping chocolates. The chocolate will melt despite ice packs.
Orders to CT, NJ, VT, RI, MA, NYC, and parts of NY, PA and ME will usually be delivered by UPS the next day but it is not a guarantee.
scandinavian butik is not liable for damage, theft or delay during transit time.
We do not ship to Canada or overseas.
Below map is a guideline. These are transit days from zip code 06851, these transit days depends on the volume, time of year and weather conditions in the UPS network.
During July and August we will not be able to ship perishables such as meat and other frozen foods UNLESS YOU CHOOSE OVERNIGHT due to the heat. We cannot be held responsible for meats, chocolate, cheese or other perishables during this time.
Please be aware that due to the volume of orders coming in we CAN NOT guarantee a quick turnaround. We get the orders out as fast as we can on a first come first serve basis and depending on the day of the week. Any late add ons to your order will extend the processing time and we reserve the right to not ship more than the limit on our own products (a refund will be issued)
Choosing UPS Next Day or 2nd Day Air are the time it takes to travel to you, not the time it takes us to process your order.
In order to save on costs and to reduce waste in our environment, we reuse packing material when possible. We use ice packs not dry ice for perishable shipments.
. . .
scandinavian butik strives to offer our customers a quality shopping experience and deliver some of the best products Scandinavia has to offer. Rarely do we encounter customer dissatisfaction. If we have mistakenly shipped you the wrong item, forgot an item, or you are not satisfied with the quality of a product, please e-mail us immediately in a friendly manner so we can resolve this issue as quickly as possible at email@example.com
. . .
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
. . .
Recent Credit Card transactions made on our site will appear on your credit card statement with the following descriptor: scandinavian butik LLC 203-529-3244 CT